Sunday, December 18, 2016

This Week, I shall Mostly Be Enjoying...

I'm making the most of my extra time off until the New Year.

How?
Spending time with my wife, Annette, is of course a priority. 
And on the in-between times, I've just started watching - The OA on Netflix


I've gotta say, I'm rather taken by the first few episodes I watched since Friday.

A young blind woman who vanished seven years before our story begins reappears after throwing herself of a bridge. People think it was attempted suicide. It wasn't. But what are the strange scars on her back, and how come she's regained her sight?

Yes please. Another quality show from Netflix.

****
Another thing to arrive on Friday was a novel by one of my favorite authors:


I'm already 40% of the way through this latest instalment from the Silistra Quartet, an epic tale regarding one woman's journey of self discovery in a universe dominated by social and personal taboos just waiting to be tested. 
One of the best examples of allegorical fantasy you will ever read.

But don't take my word for it...take a look for yourself 

No comments:

Post a Comment